Sutton restaurants and other eating options
For a little village there is a really good selection of restaurants in Sutton, mostly located along rue Principale.
A reservation is always a good idea especially at weekends and we can happily do that for you.
Everywhere has something to recommend it but, in no particular order, here are some of our favourite Sutton restaurants:
- Tartin’Izza. Tel. 450 538-5067. Great thin crust pizzas, main course salads and daily specials. Delicious desserts. Very popular so can get a bit noisy and frenetic. Nice terrace. Open for lunch at weekends and dinner Thursday to Sunday.
- Auberge des Appalaches. Tel. 450 538-5799. Imaginative, tasty, well presented, good use of local ingredients. À la carte and two course table d’hôte dinner C$34. The $5.75 Monday pasta night is a Sutton institution; excellent fish and chips on a Friday night. Closed Wednesday and Thursday. Two minutes drive from the village.
- Bistro Beaux Lieux. Tel. 450 538-1444. Creative, modern bistro style. Good use of local ingredients. Nice terrace. Can get expensive. Dinner served Thursday to Sunday.
- À la Fontaine. Tel. 450 538-3045. Good, solid classic French cooking. Great value lunch specials and evening table d’hôte. Open daily.
- Le Cafetier. Tel. 450 538-7333. Sutton’s local gathering spot. Open 7am to 7pm. Nice for a casual lunch especially on the terrace. Open daily 7am to 7pm.
- Le Pleasant. Tel. 450 538-6188. À la carte and table d’hôte from C$33. Beautiful presentation. Quiet and relaxed. Nice terrace. Dinner served Thursday to Sunday.
In Frelighsburg Lyvano (lunch and dinner Thursday to Monday) is making a name for itself as well as Le Nomade (lunch and dinner Tuesday to Saturday) in Cowansville.
We can make you a lunch box to take on your hike, bike or kayak trip. It is also nice to go shop for a picnic that you can take to a shady spot by a stream or else eat here on the verandah or under the pergola in the garden.
In the middle of Sutton’s rue Principale, speciality store La Rumeur Affamée has a wonderful selection of local cheeses, cold cuts, breads, pies and pastries. Alternatively Chez Matis has excellent pre-prepared dishes. Wash it all down with a bottle of wine from Domaine Bresee or try Domaine Pinnacle‘s ice cider. Finish with some Belgian chocolates from chocolaterie Belge Muriel.