Sutton restaurants offer something for everyone from fine dining to microbreweries. Many are located just a few minutes walk from the B&B on rue Principale but there are other options in the surrounding countryside and nearby villages. A reservation is always a good idea especially at weekends and we can happily do that for you.
Sutton is also a great place for food shopping with wonderful local produce, a bakery, chocolate store, a fantastic tea store and vineyards nearby.
Our current favorite Sutton restaurants:
- Tartin’Izza. Tel. 450 538-5067. Great thin crust pizzas, main course salads and daily specials. Delicious desserts. Very popular so can get a bit noisy. Nice terrace. Open for lunch at weekends and dinner Thursday to Sunday. Walking distance from the B&B.
- Auberge des Appalaches. Tel. 450 538-5799. Imaginative, tasty, well presented, good use of local ingredients. Dinner only Thursday to Monday nights. Two minutes drive from the B&B.
- À la Fontaine. Tel. 450 538-3045. Good, solid classic French cooking. Great value lunch specials and evening table d’hôte. Open every day. Walking distance from the B&B.
- Le Cafetier. Tel. 450 538-7333. Sutton’s favorite. Nice for a casual lunch or early supper especially on the terrace. Open daily 7am to 7pm. Walking distance from the B&B.
- À l’Abordage. Tel. 450 538-8338. Lively microbrewery, excellent beers (if you like stout dont miss their Captain Hook) and very decent pub style food. Open Tuesday to Sunday from 11.30am. Walking distance from the B&B.
- Auberge Sutton Brouerie. Tel. 450 538-0005. This microbrewery has pub favourites as well as more restaurant style dishes with some good use of local ingredients. Large number of house beers on offer mostly with a more “hoppy” style. Live music most Friday nights. Open Wednesday to Monday from 11 am.
Restaurants near Sutton that we like:
- Lyvano. Tel. 450 298-1119. In Frelighsburgh; a 20 minute drive. A really interesting menu and a lovely riverside location. Open Thursday to Monday for lunch and dinner.
- Bistro West Brome. Tel. 1 888 902-7663. In West Brome; a 10 minute drive. A nice, more formal dining room in the Auberge West Brome. Open daily for lunch and dinner.
- Chez Moi Chez Toi. Tel. 450 243-5546. In Lac Brome; a 20 minute drive. A cozy spot near Knowlton that serves Indian food. Not the most authentic that you will find but always tasty and well priced.
Restaurant alternatives in Sutton
We can make you a lunch box to take on your hike, bike or kayak trip and gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian options are available – just let us know the day before..
It is also nice to go shop for a picnic that you can take to a shady spot by a stream and you are also welcome to eat here on the verandah at the B&B or under the pergola in the garden.
Specialty store La Rumeur Affamée on Rue Principle has a wonderful selection of local cheeses, cold cuts, pies and pastries. Just beside them our local baker Pascal makes wonderful breads at La Valse des Pains. Alternatively Chez Matis has excellent pre-prepared dishes.
Wash it all down with a bottle of wine from Domaine Bresee or try Domaine Pinnacle‘s ice cider. Finish with some Belgian chocolates from chocolaterie Belge Muriel.
The morning Saturday market on Curley Street has local produce and all sorts of flea stalls – you never know what you may find!